Saturday, February 13, 2010

Free Friday...a wee bit late

I had every intention of posting yesterday with my subject being about all the fun things that I created this week. I have been doing lots of crafty projects (some original and some copied/shared) and I wanted to show you and let you in on some inexpensive fun things to do to decorate, give as gifts, etc... But as I turned on my camera to take the photographic evidence my camera started this funny message of 'out of memory'...to make a long story short. The memory card is fine but the camera is just a bit misguided and will not leave that 'out of memory' screen.

But I do have one project to share.

I don't have a name for it other than 'Personalized Frame'. It's a completely original idea :) But I do know other people who do frame modifications...but this one is completely out of my head

What you need for this specific project:
Large $1 Frame (I bought mine at $1 tree but I have also gotten them at garage sales, thrift stores, $1 bins at Target, etc...)
Buttons ($1.50 at walmart)
Paint (i had on supply)
Sticker letters ($1 at walmart)
Paper (on supply)
One small child (not a joke, don't worry it will make sense soon)
Project total for me: $3.50

So here's what I started with (well the background did have stock photos in it...but well you know)
Unfortunately I didn't photo document the entire process so I must now insert the remaining steps before you can see the final product.

2. Use backing paper (the one that comes in the frame) and paint your child's hands with the various paints and apply gently to the paper, leaving cute little handprints. Allow to dry.
3. Cut out 3 4x6 squares (or whatever fits in your frame) of colored paper that coordinates with the handprints. Glue in place (see final photo)
4. Choose a quote or make one up. I made mine up. It says 'Love a Child and leave fingerprints on Eternity"
5. Spell out quote using alphabet stickers.
6. Apply to backing (the things with the handprints on it).
7. Arrange buttons in the way you like and glue on. Mine looked a little something like this...

I made it for Lyric's godmother (as a birthday present) who just so happens to be visiting us this next week. Hope she likes it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing friend! The other day I meant to comment, but then couldn't and forgot! I'm sorry!

I love your quote you made up by the way!!! Stealing this frame idea! :)

Post a Comment

website traffic statistics

Buy Video Game