Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tasty Thursday

Each week I plan our menu and try and cook at least one new recipe. This means that I am adding new recipes to what I cook on a regular basis...if it's good and we like it we say 'we're adding that one to the list'. The list just means recipes become part of my recipe box and we will see them again.

This week I made a new recipe that Ian said should go to the top of the list...so I thought I would share. I got it out of my "Simple and Tasty---Taste of Home magazine" I love taste of home because their meals are yummy and practical (meaning they don't use a bunch of ingredients that I would use for one recipe and never again). This particular one has a bunch of crockpot recipes and since Tuesday is my crock pot day it was perfect!

Sirloin Roast with Gravy
1 beef sirloin tip roast (weight depends on how many people you're serving)
1-2 Tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 soy sauce
3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 Teaspoons ground mustard (i don't normally use this but it was inexpensive and worth it)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Rub roast with pepper and garlic; cut in half and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and the mustard; poor over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 to 6 hours or until the meat is tender. (Tip: If you don't have a slow cooker/crockpot just put in a shallow baking dish and cover with foil. Cook for 5 1/2 to 6 hours on 225 degrees until meat is tender)

Remove roast and keep warm. Strain cooking juices into a small saucepan; skim fat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually sitr into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef.

I also made mashed potatoes and broccoli. It was so yum!

1 comments:

The Me You See said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe :)

Post a Comment

website traffic statistics

Buy Video Game