Friday, July 24, 2009

Reflections...on my 24 years

  • I was born on July 25, 1985.
  • My parents called me Petra Jordan Anne Hodge.
  • I was their first child.
  • 7 weeks later we moved to Swaziland, Africa
  • My brother Peter was born when I was 2 years, 3 months old
  • My sister Sarah was born when I was just shy of 5.
  • 3 weeks after my 5th birthday we moved back to the USA. To Tulsa Oklahoma to be exact.
  • On our way back to the states we visited England and Sweden
  • We lived in a rental house for a year. It was small but nice.
  • When I was 6 we moved into the first house my parents bought. I still remember the address and the phone number
  • My mom homeschooled us
  • My dad worked as a dentist
  • We played outside a lot. We liked to pretend we were pioneers and our fort was our log house.
  • I tried dance for a year….ballet and tap
  • My parents threw me a surprise slumber party when I turned 8. They gave me my first American girl doll
  • We did Bible Bowl. It’s a Bible Memory/Quiz program. It still know most of the scripture I memorized.
  • When I was 9 my brother Jonathan was born.
  • I started my first season of soccer. I loved it. I played for 7 years.
  • We moved onto 5 acres when I was 10. My parents still live there
  • I was also in the 5th grade and started going to CHEF’s co-op. I took 3 classes there – Science, History and Art. I was still home schooled
  • I gave tumbling gymnastics a shot. I sprained my elbow 3 times. That was that.
  • In Jr. High I went to C.E.A. It was different homeschool co-op that was 3 days a week.
  • My church did kid’s plays. I was in 3.
  • We went to Mexico for missions as a family during Spring Break several of the years I was in Jr. High
  • I started Highschool in 1999. I was 14 years old. I went to St. Augustne Academy.
  • Fusion was my Youth group.
  • In High School I played soccer, sung in show choir, and acted in several plays (Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Music Man and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers). Acting was my favorite.
  • I started my first job at 15…I worked at Marble Slab Creamery.
  • The Summer after my Junior year I went to Peru with Fusion. I loved South America and knew missions was all I really wanted to do.
  • I was a nanny part time.
  • My Senior year was one of the best years of my life...
  • I graduated in 2003 with a GPA of 4.93.
  • There were 15 people in my graduating class.
  • That summer I worked at Wal Mart as a cashier. I don’t know why but it was one of my favorite jobs.
  • September 2003 I moved to England for my DTS. It was 9 month long.
  • I met Ian. We were friends.
  • I went on outreach in Argentina and Chile for 4 months. I loved it.
  • July 2004 Ian and I started a relationship. We already knew we were going to get married.
  • We both did another school/were on staff with YWAM England from 2004-2005.
  • On November 19, 2004 Ian proposed.
  • I assisted an Outreach to China/Thailand for 4 months. I was my favorite time of being single!
  • On October 1, 2005 I got married to Ian!
  • We lived in Tulsa in an apartment at 81st and Sheridan.
  • On our first Christmas Ian got me a puppy (pit bull). I named her Sadie
  • I worked at Midas, then as a secretary for an income tax firm, then as a nanny.
  • Ian worked at 2 different t-shirt printing companies.
  • July 2006 we found out we were expecting our first baby!
  • We moved to YWAM Denver in September.
  • We did Phase 2 then joined staff.
  • On March 8, 2007 our daughter Lyric Avrilessa Honor made her sweet entrance into our world
  • In May we went to Homer, Alaska for 3 months to lead worship and serve at the base up there. It rocked our world.
  • On December 9th 2007 I lost a dear friend. She now laughs with Jesus.
  • Just after Lyric turned 1 I found out I was pregnant with our second baby!
  • In May 2008 we visited England
  • On November 25, 2008 our son Atticus Elah Courage made his strong entrance to our world.
  • Our commitment with YWAM Denver ended March 2009. We decided to move on.
  • We are heading to Chile to live. To help people. To serve. Forever. Or until God says something new.
  • First week of June 2009 we drove to Tulsa.
  • We have swam a lot and eaten a lot of organic food.
  • And Today I’m celebrating my 24th Birthday.
That's a lot in 24 years!

1 comments:

The Life of Susan said...

awww petra this is so fun! i hope you have a very happy birthday today! i'm praying for you and your family that God would continue to line up His plans for all of you! love you!

Post a Comment

website traffic statistics

Buy Video Game