Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Snapshots of Summer

Since I haven't been as on top of blogging as I hoped I would be this summer I thought I would blog with pictures as to what we've been up to this summer...or at least the past few months

Still working on the kids room...and it's almost done.  
This is a 'sneak peak' of part of a wall hanging

Lots of sibling loving!  They really are the best of friends...
unless they both want the same toy...

Playing outside...and yes, they're almost always out there with minimal clothing...
saves me on laundry because this boy loves the dirt!

Growing this little baby...I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and this pregnancy is flying by!

Sunday afternoons...well weekends for that matter.  We love family time  (In this photo: Ian wanted to nap but Lyric and Atticus wanted to play with him so Lyric is reading him a story)

Oh and our latest weekend project was turning this....


Into this:

I say 'our project' but Ian did all the building.  I happened upon this website recently --- www.ana-white.com (formerly knock-offwood) and that is where we got the plans for this table.  I have a long list of things I wanted to build but that wasn't going to happen in my 3rd trimester in the August heat.  So I showed Ian the website and he was hooked.  So yeah, he built it and I helped stain it and you know, keep the kids out of the way all day Saturday.  Although both kids were super cute mimicking Daddy!  We are in the process of chairs so this really isn't the final.  We are just loving designing and building and dreaming up ideas together...and we can't wait to buy our first home!

So that is a small taste of our summertime activities...we have enjoyed the summer but are eagerly awaiting autumn...the cooler weather, walks with the dog in the park, our 5th anniversary and the arrival of our newest family member!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

website traffic statistics

Buy Video Game