Thursday, August 19, 2010

Artsy Crafty...my second blog in one day!





I realize this is my second post in one day but I wanted to post some different crafty projects I've done in the past few weeks... since I'm not showing the kid's room until the 'big reveal'

I don't know why blogger wouldn't let me upload the photo I edited to say "before" but you still get the photo right here.  This is a wagon I used to play with as a kid.  Recently it made it into a garage sale pile at my parent's house and I took it to redo to hold the outdoor toys for the kids. 

I sanded off a bunch of the rust.  Then spray painted it with a rust preventative flat black paint.  Then the kids (with a little help) got to paint it.  They had such a blast.  My hands were too covered in paint to snap any photos of them covered in paint...but really like the way the wagon turned out :)






This was a gift project.  I bought the canvases at the Dollar Tree
(I love that place!)  I painted them blue...then watered down some black brushed it over then wiped it off to give it that 2 toned look.  I fell in love with Modge Podge too!  I had never used it before because it's $7 a bottle and I thought Rubber Cement worked just as well.  WRONG!  Not only can you glue with Modge Podge but you can seal and coat and do a million other things.  I printed off the photos...cut out some lettering and the flowers with my Cricut and then Modge Podged over it all!  Finally I attached the ribbon on the back :)

I made this for my grandmother.  After making it I realized it was a lesson in needing to make sure I take 'before' and 'after' shots every time.  This started out as a plain wooden frame (Dollar Tree) and I painted it green, then brushed it with black like I did the above project.  Glued on the ribbon and the charms.  I made the Word 'art' on the computer after seeing it on another blog.  Mounted it to the gold paper and put it all back in the frame!



This was my first attempt at 'mixed media' painting and I am in LOVE! I never really like painting before because I'm not really great at making things look how they do in my brain, on paper.  But this was so much fun!  I will be doing many more in the future.  Unfortunately there is a glare on the top of the picture so you can't see it has a verse on it too.  There are some things I would do differently next time but I loved making it for sure!



So there are a few of the fun, crafty, creative things I have been up to this summer.  You should see my 'want to make' project list...It's massive.  But I will slowly work my way through it!





1 comments:

Internally Inked said...

Man I would sure like to have some of that art in my room... Oh wait!!! I do!!!! Love love love it!

Post a Comment

website traffic statistics

Buy Video Game