Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer is my favorite

Summer has long been my favorite season.
Today as I photographed my children splashing in their make-shift pool


And chowing down on watermelon with them
















Sharing my favorite season made a time of year that I love even more meaningful.  There is something about the warmth and vibrant nature of summertime that lifts my spirits.  Spring brings me out of the winter funk.  But in summer I come ALIVE!  I am not sure I can fully express how I feel in words but I'm trying my best.  When you are a child in school summer time means a well deserved break, vacation and sleeping in.  Perhaps the reason I love summer is that it constantly gives me an excuse to behave as a child again and to abandon myself to fun and memories.  I love grilling and BBQ's.  I love sitting on the porch on warm summer nights.  There is something about summer foods like watermelon and popsicles that ignites that childlike excitement once again.  Tanning by the pool, family vacations, summer movies and snowcones...lakeside moments, warm thunderstorms, beach towels and ultimate frisbee.   I LOVE summer!  

It makes me want to breath deeply and savor the moments.  To make the most of every opportunity and live fully.  

Summer warms my soul.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

website traffic statistics

Buy Video Game