Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm back...it's about time right?

I don't even want to think about the last time I sat down and blogged...because instead of remembering I would be flooded with the rememberances of all the reasons I haven't...I'm not making excuses...just stating the facts.

Fact:  I am 12 1/2 weeks pregnant.  I have been nasesous lots.  I threw up between weeks 8-10 constantly 1-2 times a day in the afternoon only.  I was fine for 2 weeks.  Then Saturday the throwing up started again. I have been falling asleep early for weeks.  By early I mean 8pm or 9pm.  My belly is starting to pooch---but I not in a cute pregnant belly way (yet).

Fact:  We have had house guests every other week since the middle of February.  Did I mention we have a 2 bedroom apartment?  It was amazing visiting with all our friends and family who love us so very dearly but it has proven to be a crazy few months.

Ok those are the only 2 facts that really effect my lack of blogging.  With that out of the way...Here's a bit of everything.

Stream of Consciousness:  I am not going to get out of moving this pregnancy.  That's 3 for 3.  We're going to rent a house for a bit so we have some more space for when the baby is born and for the kids to have a yard for the summer.  I know it's best.  But this is pack and move number ???? well more that 7 in the last 5 years.  And 3 for 3 while being pregnant.  Speaking of which we have changed our minds and are going to be finding out the gender of the baby before birth.  The long and short of it all:  we kinda want to know :)  I'm thinking girl.  Ian's thinking boy.  I have had about 4 people mention twins in the last 2 days (though that is sooooo unlikely).  I'm really proud of my husband...he is working so hard getting his graphic design company going and also working his day job 8-5 printing t-shirts.   He's a hardworking man!   Atticus is so much harder to discipline then Lyric has ever been.  It exhausts me.   He is smart but cannot be reasoned with.  Lyric is such a joy to just BE with.  She recently has been started to actually start singing along with me on familiar songs.  Not all the words but the ones she gets are  so very cute!  

Not me Monday:  Yesterday while letting the kids play in my parents yard I did NOT throw up over the fence into the vacant lot.  This was NOT the best option since they were out of town and we had no key to the house.  My loving husband did NOT do his best to photograph what he considered to be an 'amusing' event.  

Random Kid Story:  Lyric is so social!  When we drive up to our church before we are even parked she excitedly screams...'My friends'!  A few weeks ago when I went to pick her up from class at church one of the other little girls in the class walked up to me and said "whats that?", pointing to my nose ring.  I said it's like an earring for your nose.  She made a face at me and I was like 'well it did kind of hurt'.  Then she goes.  "well I don't like it.".  I just shrugged and said "Well don't get one."  One of the other moms said "Good advice".  I just thought to myself...at least I don't get my self worth from a 3 year old haha!

Well that's all she wrote.  It's a bit scattered and disjointed, but hey I gotta get back into the swing of writing blogs again somehow!

P.S.  I just re-read my blog and deleted 3 uses of the word 'folks'.  Apparently I am returning to my oklahoma roots in a hurry.

2 comments:

Allison said...

OMG. apparently i am returning to my oklahoma roots in a hurry. i love you so much Petra Jordan Anne and appreciate your life SO much. very thankful for you. <3

Dana Butler said...

fun to read! hang in there! there is light at the end of the nausea tunnel!

Post a Comment

website traffic statistics

Buy Video Game